Monday, March 11, 2013

Concerning animal treatment

Ok I have made smal plans for my next location. I spent a lot of money on the hotel in Flagstaff so this time Im planing on sleeping in my car. I know it is not safe but you do what you have to do when you need to save some money. My next destination will be Albuquerque, "the long city" in New Mexico.

The day started out with some food from a steakhouse. The food was pretty cheap, only 2$ for one big steak some bread and sallad. There is not much that you can say about the similarities between Sweden and USA except that we have McDonalds, Burger king and TGI Fridays as similar food chains.

The something happened that really touched my inner feelings. When I was on my way to the car I saw something on the ground, it was a dog and it was alive but hurt. I went over to pick it up so I could take it to the animal hospital. I should not say that Americans care less for animals that we do but surely we are a cuntry that cares alot for animals.

When I arived at the animal hospital I take a queue ticket and sit down. The man beside me looks at the dog and asked me how it got hurt. I said that I found it on the 
street and that it probably had got hit by a car. "Oh" he said with this voice that sounded like it was not that bad.
I asked him why he did´nt react so stong on the subject. Well, he said, My wife is a vet and she one time had this goose 
that had lost one of its wings. My wife said that it was quite disturbing and that she wanted to put the goose down. She also said that it would cost alot to give it medicine so that it could live on. But the owner of the goose said that what ever it would cost she wanted the goose to live. The woman payed for the medecine and in the next few weeks the goose was fine. What a nice story, I said. The queue ticket I took said "number 48" and it was currently number 47. Well the next one is me, I said and thanked the man for the chat and walked past the desk to turn in the injured dog. When I walked out from the vet I feelt very pleased with myself because I was thinking that I had saved a life today.

There was not much more to do today and I could not take in to a hotel because I spent much of the money on the Flagstaff hotel. I decided to find a trailer/car park where I could park my car and sleep the night.

This is the trailerpark that I will park my car and sleep the night. Its not much but it will have to do.


AttributionNoncommercialShare Alike Some rights reserved by camknows






No comments:

Post a Comment