Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The lifter

My plan for the following days were: Drive many many miles until I get to the city of Amarillo. I will not stay in Amarillo. I will continue to the city of Oklahoma where hopefully I can find a cheap hotel to get some beauty sleep. I hope that I will find something to do before I check in to the hotel.

I set of from Alberquerque to Oklahoma city about an hour ago and im almost at the city of Amarillo where Im hoping to find a gas station to fill my fueltank.

I did find a gas station to fill my tank and now I am ready to continue to Oklahoma. The scorching sun kept making me open my window on the car all of the time because it was so hot. On the way to Oklahoma city a funny thing happened, a lifter, on the road wanted a ride. I asked her where she was going and she said that she were going to Oklahoma city yo visit the Oklahoma city zoo. That sounded like a fun thing to do and I was thinking of doing the same. Some facts about lifters. In Sweden we do not have many lifters. But in America there is much more lifters. Why? Well it is quite simple, Sweden is a smal county compared to America and that makes it easier to travel between cities. But in America people travel between big cities and in America, big cities are a long distance from eachother and as a result people for an example run out of fuel and decide to lift.

We arrived in Oklahoma where the heat still was hanging on. I dropped of the nice lady at the zoo and then I checked in at a two star hotel because I could not afford anything that costs more. But after I dropped of my thing in the room that I rented in I went out to the car again and drove back to the zoo to check out the animals. I have not been to a zoo since I was 14 years old so I was quite excited.

I can say that this was one of the best day of the roadtrip. Of course I met up with the lady that I gave a lift to the zoo. I found out that her name was Lisa. I was suspected something but I was not totally sure if I was going to ask her the question. But I did anyway. Are you from Sweden, I asked. She looked at me as if I could see through her. Yes, she said in Swedish. Well it ended up with Lisa and me talking for a moment and then we parted. I went back to the hotel to get some sleep for my next move to St. Louis.

This is a photo i took at the zoo.

         the big elephants

No comments:

Post a Comment