Friday, February 1, 2013

The lava river cave

The past 4-5 days was amazing, not only the trip to flagstaf but also what I/we did in flagstaff was just amazing. Do you wonder why I said we? well I´ll get to that.

So I am sitting in the car on my way to Flagstaff and all of the sudden my phone starts to vibrate. I pick it up and on the screen I see that it is the Skype app that is saying that a person is calling. I answer the phone and with suprize i shout out "Zaaac". It was my friend Zac that lives in Phoenix, south of Flagstaff. He said that on the Skype menu it says that I am in Arizona. Well enough about the call, we decided to meet in Flagstaff, where luckily I was heading and probably was going to stay in for 3-5 days.

So me and Zac ended up sitting in a sushi bar and eating and talking about... well about everything I guess since it was the first time I had to get to see him in person. A funny fact about some Americans is that they like to meet in person instead of sitting in front of the computer and talking on Facebook like we do. This is a photo of the sushi bar that we ate in.




Me and Zac decided that we wanted to do something so we did! Zac knew of this old cave that tourists go to, It was an old volcano that had formed a tubelike form. Most volcanos that is not active are in most cases sealed because the lava turned to stone and covered the entrance. But this one had not been sealed. The cave was formed 700 000 years ago wich some think is just magnificent, so do I. The cave lies 4-5 miles north-west of Flagstaff wich is a perfect opportunity. The tourists had been advised to enter the cave with som thick clothes because it is quite cool down there. This was just great for my long trip to Flagstaff had been so hot and I needed a cooldown. The cave is approximately 1 mile long, in other words 1,2 kilometers long. There is still ice hanging from the caves celing. But why? Well because the cave was formed 700 000 ears ago there was many other volcanos active and if all of them erupted the skies would be covered in ash wich would make the temperature go down rapidly and form ice in the cave. This is a photo that I took inside the cave, quite magnificent


          

This had been a great day, I met up with Zac, we ate at a sushi bar, and last but deffinently not least the lava river cave that was just an amazing thing to experience. But it is four hours from midnight and I am really tiered.

So I have departed from Zac to go find a nice hotel to stay in for 3-4 nights. I am a little afraid to sleep in a hotel in America because there is so much more things (negative) going on in America than Sweden, but this is a thing that I have to get used to. I think I´ll be allright. I am hoping for some new fun things to do when I get up tomorrow. But for now I really need to rest. By the way this is my hotel room, yes it was kinda expensive but it costs 126$ for 1 night. It was the best I could find and it has a swimingpool!



Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment