Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum

Chicago here I come!

I have arrived at my last destination, Chicago. The plans for today is already made up. I will be going to the National Vietnam Veterans art museum to pay my respects to those who lost their life in the Vietnam war.

This time I decided not to go with a guide and a group through the museum because of what happened last time. So this time I walked around and looked at all the amazing things that was used in the war and that still amazingly well preserved. An interesting fact about museums, when I think about it. The USA have much more museums than Sweden does. It is only natural because the US is so much of a bigger country than Sweden is and they have served much more in war than we have.

This blog entrie will be a short one because im longing to go home and meet my family. They have been writing to me allot since I left. Just because I´m longing to get home does not mean that I will miss the US. It have been an amazing trip and I would gladly do it again.

The day ended with me sitting in a restaurant eating with a friend, a friend that was with me on the trip from Los Angeles to Flagstaff. Me and Zac will surely miss each other. Zac had gone from Flaggstaf to Chicago just to say goodbye to me and that ment allot to me. As it started to get dark we said our last farwell and the next thing I knew it I was on a plane on my way home to Sweden, the country that I had missed allot. My family is waiting for me at the airport and is eagerly waiting to hug me.

It has been a pleasure to write to you all!
AndrĂ© Dahlvig out!    

    


No comments:

Post a Comment